You may often wonder about the medical issues associated with various kinds of eating disorders. Let us delve into a few eating disorders hampering your health.
- They could slow down your resting heart rate. It is the heart rate when you rest. The best time to monitor your heart rate would be the time when you get up in the morning and before you get out of bed.
- They could lower the normal body temperature range by nearly 1%.
- Eating disorders are all about poor nutrition. It would affect your brain chemicals along with their functions. People suffering from eating disorders having low weight could have a torrid time responding to therapy. They would be required to gain some weight before undergoing the therapy.
It may not appear much trouble. However, the body of the person has been specifically designed for a purpose. The body is known to do a certain thing in the best possible way. When people disrupt body function regulators, you would come across domino effects spreading to other regulators and functions of the body. It is not a good sign for the health of the person.
Let us delve into a few vital aspects of people with eating disorders.
- People with eating disorders have nearly twelve times more chance to die from a respiratory disease than the general population. It could be anything related to lung problems and lung collapse.
- People with eating disorders have nearly eleven times more chance to die from gastrointestinal disease. It could be inclusive of malnutrition, mal-absorption problems, and electrolyte imbalances resulting in several kinds of gastrointestinal diseases.
- People with eating disorders have nearly five times more chance to die from cardiovascular diseases or cancer. It could range anything from arrhythmia, heart attack, angina, or irregular heartbeat, and larynx or throat cancer.
Rest assured that eating disorders should not be taken lightly.